Bread Pudding is one of our favorites, and this rich dessert is made even tastier with our Traditional Madeleines in the mix.
Four 8 ounce ramekins
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Irish whiskey
12 Donsuemor Traditional Madeleines
1/4 cup raisins
2 tablespoons chopped candied ginger
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 heavy cream
1 2-inch piece of vanilla bean
3 egg yolks
3 tablespoons sugarFor the dessert:
- Grease each ramekin with butter thoroughly, set aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl, combine sugar, spices, eggs, vanilla and whiskey. Whisk until combined, whisk in the cream until incorporated.
- In each ramekin, layer 3 Traditional madeleines, scatter in raisins and ginger, and then distribute egg mixture evenly amongst ramekins.
- Allow to soak overnight in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake 350° for about 30 minutes, or until golden and firm. Remove from oven, set aside until cool enough to eat, about 20 minutes.
- Combine milk and cream in heavy medium saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Bring milk mixture to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in medium bowl to blend. Slowly whisk hot milk mixture into yolk mixture. Return custard to saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until custard thickens and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across, about 5 minutes (do not boil).
- Strain sauce into small pitcher or bowl. Serve warm with bread pudding.