6 Tbsp of granulated sugar
4 Tbsp of water
2 Tbsp of freshly squeezed orange juice 2 Tbsp of honey
1 tsp of orange zest
1⁄2 cup of slivered almonds, roasted
9 Donsuemor Madeleines
Optional: Dust with white icing sugar
- In a fry pan, add the slivered almonds and set heat to medium. Stir often and roast almonds until a light golden color develops, about 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a pot, mix together the sugar, water, orange juice and orange zest and put it on the heat on a medium high.
- When the mixture boils, decrease the flame to medium low and stir in the honey.
- Develop a light caramelization of the mixture and simmer until the mixture turns to a light amber color, about 5-6 minutes. Don’t let sugar get dark, or it will reach a hard crack stage or burn.
- Add the cooled roasted almonds to the honey mixture. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay 9 Donsuemor Madeleine cakes on top, pour the almond and honey mixture on top of the cookies. Let cool for a few minutes before enjoying it! Optional to dust with white icing sugar before serving.