Ok we know, this seems a bit unorthodox, but these Traditional Madeleines in combination with matcha, make for a truly sophisticated, creative dessert for your next dinner party!
- 6 Donsuemor Traditional Madeleines, mound removed
- 3 marshmallows, halved
- 6 squares of dark chocolate
Matcha Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cream
Matcha Sauce Directions
- Mix the matcha powder, sugar and salt in a glass container.
- 1. Add half the boiling water, stirring until the matcha and sugar are dissolved. Mix the cornstarch, vanilla and remaining water together until smooth.
- 1. Warm the cream and matcha mixture in a small pan until bubbling slightly. Add the vanilla and the cornstarch mixture and whisk continuously until the mixture thickens slightly. Cool before serving.
Preheat broiler to 360 degrees. Place cookies on a foil-lined cooking tray and top each cookie with chocolate and half a marshmallow. Broil ~2-3 minutes, or until chocolate is melted and marshmallow is toasted.
Toast marshmallows over a campfire or gas range, sandwich between cookies and chocolate.
Top with matcha mixture, and voila!